Richard Chew, founder of Elixr Health Clubs and black belt martial arts expert is here to give you his top 5 tips to doing the correct planking technique.
Elixr is renowned for its focus on safe, effective and efficient exercises and world-class instructors.
1. Aim to align your plank as the same alignment of your ideal standing posture.
2. Position your supporting hands and elbows directly below your shoulder joints.
3. Maintain a neutral spine, and align the knee joints, hip joints, shoulder joints and ears on the same straight plane.
4. Use minimum effort to hold the position.
5. Don't tense any more than is necessary. Keep breathing naturally.
Remember that the main focus of a plank is core strength which is essential for injury prevention, bad back management, movement efficiency and performance enhancement.
Happy New Year! What does your path to success look like in 2022?